Lovely Background

Friday, May 1, 2009

Week 33 Doctor's Appointment



This has been a big week for the Sorrells family. Sophia and Claire's big brother Georgie (our dog) had knee surgery on Wednesday. As most of you know he completely tore his ACL about 6 weeks ago.

The first part of the morning was rough. Georgie is supposed to wear a HUGE plastic cone to keep him from irritating his incision. Georgie did not take to the plastic cone so well. He cried and whined all morning so we gave in, took off the cone and are watching him every minute. We put the cone back on for him to sleep with...that lasted until about 1AM when he somehow tore it off. Yes, we gave in again and he is now cuddled up with Matt in bed, cone-free.


Needless to say he has a tough 8 weeks of healing ahead of him. We hope that you'll pray for our little guy so he can be healthy when his sisters come home.

After we got Georgie home and comfortable, I went to my week 33 doctor's appointment. I was so anxious to see how Sophia and Claire were doing. I had an ultrasound that revealed that the girls are both over 5 pounds each. Claire is the biggest as she continues to be in the 69th percentile. Her sister is in the 48th percentile. They are both very healthy. Sophia is still in the breech position. Fortunately she still has a large amount of fluid around her so we have a slim chance for her to move to the head-down position. We are praying hard for that!!! We will make a firm decision in approximately 2 weeks. We may have to schedule a c-section at that time.




We were able to get some really great pictures of the girls faces (the first two are Claire). I was amazed when the technician zoomed in on Sophia. It was like looking at my baby pictures. She has big cheeks just like I did. We found the same to be true for Claire. I think our girls are going to look a lot alike.

My doctor chose not to check me today based on good results from my ultrasound. So far it does not appear that I have progressed. Dr Weber mentioned getting another 5 weeks out of me...I gave him the "are you kidding me" look. I was thinking 3-4 weeks. He estimates that if I go another 5 weeks Claire and Sophia will both be over 7 pounds. WOW...never thought I would carry two 7 pound babies. I guess time will tell.

As of right now I am doing pretty good. It is more difficult to get around and I have found that my sleep has become somewhat disrupted (this would explain why I have been up since 3AM watching my DVR shows and updating this blog). I thought it would be a lot worse at this point so I feel extremely lucky. The girls at the doctors office decided I am the most low maintenance carrier of multiples they have ever had. I guess most of the women call at least twice a week. I have never called them, I just show up for my appointments. God has been good to me. I like to think its his way of rewarding me for my faith through the not-so-good moments leading up to my pregnancy. Regardless, I am so thankful!

The Dad-To-Be is doing wonderful. He continues to make me feel beautiful even though I am extremely enormous. He is proud of me for doing so well and can't wait to meet his girls. He thinks about the girls all day long which I find so precious. He is going to be one amazing Dad!!

0 comments: