Lovely Background

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

24 Hours and Counting....

We have reached the 24 hour mark. It is hard to believe how fast this last week has gone by. Needless to say we are anxious and excited for Sophia and Claire's debut on Thursday, May 28th.

This has been an amazing journey and I feel it is appropriate to document our excitement, emotions, anticipation......well you get the point.

Matt and I knew we wanted to start a family fairly quickly after getting married. I am thankful we did not wait too long because as many of you know we found out it was not going to be an easy road for us. At this point in the pregnancy it is sometimes hard to recall the deep sadness, fear, worry, and anger that filled me during those years of trying to start our family. It is amazing how that seems to disipate when God's plan reveals itself in your life.

As crazy as it sounds I can honestly say how thankful I am for that journey now. I learned so much along the way.
1. I learned that through FAITH anything is possible and the limits to my faith are endless.
(the saying below became a constant presence in my mind; it was something my friend
Sarah told me early on in my struggle and one thing that got her through her own
struggle)
"Faith is not knowing he can; Faith is knowing he will
2. I learned that PATIENCE was something God knew I needed work on
3. I was reminded daily why I married my husband....he is so strong, comforting, supportive
and most of all positive. His faith never waivers. I can definitely say my love for him has
multipled beyond my wildest dreams.
4. I will never take for granted that fact that God has given me the blessing to have these two
little girls.
5. Through difficult times family and friends are so important....I have always valued those
relationships and by doing so I got so much more in return. I will forever be thankful!

I have thoroughly enjoyed my entire pregnancy. I think that stems from the journey we took. It definitely made me look at everything differently. I found the greatest joy in the smallest things. I loved knowing their were two little babies growing inside of me. I loved seeing them mature and change month by month. I even embraced the extreme belly size (and lack of clothes to fit over it) and stretch marks that came with it.

I never imagined I could love something so much which I have never physically seen. Tomorrow I get to experience that on a grander scale than even I can begin to imagine. I finally get to see what my Mom and Dad are talking about....the love of your own child. I can't wait to see Matt with the girls. That is one of the things I am looking forward to the most. He will be an amazing Dad.

I will miss the kicking in my belly, the near constant hiccups, the odd shapes my belly took on with two girls fighting for space and bath time in which the girls loved to make as many waves as possible. I will never forget all those amazing moments!!

We thank all of you for your love, support and prayers along the way. We can't even put into words what it means to us. We ask for your continued prayers for a safe delivery for the girls and I. We look forward to posting many pictures of their arrival and for you to meet our Sophia and Claire!

We love you!

4 comments:

susan said...

That just made me cry a little.. we could not be more happier for you. So excited!

Jamie said...

You are so right that your emotions will be on a grander scale tomorrow. I had many, many people tell me how great the moment is the first time you see your baby, but until you actually experience it, it's impossible to understand. Hearing Tatum's cry and seeing her for the first time was, by far, the greatest moment of my life. Enjoy your fantastic firsts tomorrow!

Unknown said...

That brought a little tear to my eye as well! You are such an inspiration!

Kiki said...

Courtney you are amazing! Enjoy your last evening as a family of 3 as you will come home in a couple days with two bundles of joy! I can't wait to see pictures and will be praying for a safe delivery tomorrow!