Lovely Background

Thursday, April 23, 2009

8 Months Pregnant

We reached the 32 week mark on Tuesday. So far so good! It is hard to believe how quickly the past 8 months have gone. I bet these last few weeks will be the slowest yet. I am just so ready to have my girls here.

I am still feeling quite good for being 8 months along with twins. I wake up a lot more at night but am still able to get a pretty good nights sleep. I am very thankful for that and the lack of back pain. The belly weight is very difficult to carry around. I am beginning to think I need a harness to hold it up :) My energy level has dropped drastically and I find it difficult to concentrate on anything for too long. I am still quite shocked that my swelling has been so minimal. My doctor commented today how amazed he was at my lack of swelling and complaints. Maybe it is the two baths a day that I take. HA!!

I went to the doctor today for another non-stress test to monitor the girls hearbeats and any contractions I might be having. Last week I was having very small braxton hicks contractions. This week that has changed quite a bit. I had many contractions while in the doctors office and they were much more intense. The good thing is that I don't seem to be having any extreme pain from them.

My doctor was on the edge about checking me today but we decided it was best to wait another week since I wasn't feeling any pain. Sometimes doing a physical exam and checking for progress can actually spur more contractions and move things along. We don't want that right now. I continue to feel the contractions as the day has gone on but still no pain.

We did do a quick ultrasound to check on Sophia's position. She is still in the breech position so I guess my pelvic tilts have not helped. I will just keep trying. The good thing is that their is still a lot of amniotic fluid surrounding Sophia and she has not moved down into the pelvic region yet. This means that their is still time for her to move into the head-down position. Please say many prayers for that as I really want to have a vaginal birth. A c-section was not in my plans. I guess we will take whatever God gives us.

We will go back to the doctor a week from today for a more thorough ultrasound and exam.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I can not express how excited I am for you!! Those girls are going to have such an amazing mom!