Lovely Background

Friday, May 15, 2009

35 Week Doctor's Appointment

We went to our weekly appointment yesterday. I am still having a lot of contractions but still nothing too painful. My doctor was very happy that I have surpassed the 35 week mark and is amazed at how well I am doing and the minimal amount of swelling I have. He doesn’t think I will make it to my 37 week appointment based on my contractions, symptoms, etc. That was welcome news to me since I am getting to the point that everything is difficult to do. It is even hard to fold a load of laundry or take a shower. Thank goodness I am still sleeping well most nights. The worst part is that my skin has become extremely painful. It is stretching so bad that I constantly feel like I have bugs crawling on me and the itching is something I have never felt before. The few sleepless nights I have had are due to that.

Anyways, if I do make it to my 37 week appointment Dr Weber will schedule a c-section for the following day. That date would be Friday, May 29th.Twins are considered full-term at 37 weeks. We asked about any difficulties that might arise since we are technically 2 weeks early right now. He said that with twins, lung development is not normally a fear after 35 weeks b/c the stress that both babies put on each other spur earlier lung development. The one thing that might be lacking is their sucking reflex which we can overcome. Hopefully that won’t be a problem though. The size of our babies is a blessing as well. Our girls are bigger than most twins.

I am so excited to know that the babies could arrive any day now. I am going to be walking my butt off to see if I can encourage the girls :) HA!! We ask for your prayers for Sophia and Claire. We want them to arrive at the perfect time and in great health.

We are so excited to bring 2 girls to the growing number of boys (grandchild #9 and #10) in the Anderson family, excited for Benny to become a first-time grandpa, Shannon and Chris to become a first-time aunt and uncle and to enjoy many play dates with all of my friends and their children.

Thanks for all of your support. We love you all!!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I understand the skin crawling thing, my diabetic meds are time release and that's what it feels like each release. As far as you doing so well and the girls, that's all your faith in God. I know all will be fine. Can't wait to see all the wonderful pictures that I know you'll take and post. Good luck sweetie! love ya

The Bush Family said...

Can't wait to meet the girls! Take a little time for you and Matt before they arrive. Love and miss you!!!! See you soon!