Lovely Background

Saturday, April 4, 2009

7.5 months Pregnant

We are now at the 30 week mark. The pregnancy is really flying by. At times that makes me nervous but at the same time very anxious and excited! Matt and I have so much to look forward to. We have two beautiful and amazing little girls on the way!!!
We had an ultrasound on April 2nd. Like always, we were so excited to see how Sophia and Claire have changed. Unfortunately Claire did not participate in the excitement. She had her back to us the entire ultrasound. She must have been one tired little girl.
Sophia on the other hand was very happy to pose. As you can see in the 3D picture, she has her hand laying across the top of her head. She loves to lay like that. I am anxious to see if that continues after her arrival. I believe that Sophia looks like Matt in this picture. I think it is her nose. I guess time will tell.
The other two pictures show evidence of hair on the girls heads. I can't believe that an ultrasound can pick up that much detail. I have been praying for babies with full heads of dark hair. We may just get our wish.












Sophia is now 3lbs 7 oz and Claire is 3 lbs 6oz. This puts them in the 69th and 68th percentile of all babies. Normally twins on average are in the 30th percentile. I guess our girls are over-achievers already. Matt says it is because they are going to be tall athletes. I think that sounds good!
I continue to enjoy watching all the amazing movements coming from my belly. I think I could sit and watch all day long. Last night Matt and I got to feel the babies hiccups for the first time. I have never been so excited about hiccups. We could not stop smiling and laughing about it.
My Mom, sister Abby, niece Stella and my nephew Drake visited us on Friday. They helped me with some items I needed to finish up before the babies arrival. We purchased outfits for the girls to come home in from the hospital. So adorable! Thank you to the family for visiting and helping me out.

Now that I got through all the wonderful things I guess I should touch on the not so exciting piece. I swear I see evidence of stretch marks appearing. This was my first official nauseous moment in my entire pregnancy. I know, I know...did I really think that I would get by without any stretch marks while carrying not one but two babies? Well I was hoping that I was going to be one of those lucky 10% who don't get them. Matt says he doesn't see them. I think he may just be playing it safe and telling me what I want to hear. Such a good husband; he has learned well!
After my initial nausea and a return to reality I realized that it doesn't really matter. Cover me in stretch marks, extra pounds and whatever comes with pregnancy....I wouldn't trade it for anything. God is blessing us with two baby girls in two months and nothing could be better than that.

Love to all!!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So happy to hear you are still doing so well. I got teary... I'm sure your babies will be B-E-A-utiful. I mean really, have you looked at your husband and you? haha

Lacey and Derek said...

Hi Courtney! I came across your blog from Leslie's :) I love the ulrasound pics...you are lucky that you get so many with twins! :) You look great, all belly. Glad to see that the girls are growing well! You can check out our blog so we can keep up to date on all the baby news :) Thinking of you and hoping that you are not too uncomfortable!