Lovely Background

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

6 Month Mark

We have hit the 6 month mark. It is hard to believe. It has gone by so fast. As you can tell, my belly is definitely getting bigger. The girls have become extremely active in the past week or so. They are constantly kicking me. The movements are now visible to Matt.

The girls are very competitive. They kick one right after other. You can watch my belly go up and down on each side repetitively. It is so amazing and funny at the same time. They particularly like bath time. It must be the feeling of the warm water as that is their most active part of the day. I hope they like bath time after arriving as well.

I am having a lot of trouble sleeping. I now know what all the pregnant people before me were complaining about. I feel like an 80 year old woman. My hips, lower back and upperback all hurt badly at the same time. No position is comfortable and there aren't enough pillows in the world to comfort me. Needless to say Matt is dealing with a moaning and groaning wife at night. He is such a sport! If anyone has good suggestions to help me sleep, I am open to all of them and Matt would probably pay you!

The next three months should be interesting as I am sure the pains will only get worse. The good thing is that when I see my little girls all of it won't matter. Good things don't come easy. I would take the pain for the entire 9 months to have my little girls.





We are beginning the work on the girls nursery. Grandpa Benny and his friends are building our nursery furniture and custom wall unit. We are so lucky that they are so talented and willing to help us out. Plus, our girls will always have furniture built by Grandpa!!! Matt thinks I am going overboard but I want this nursery to be unique and amazing! We have waited so long for these two little blessings and I want everything to be perfect. Aunt Shannon came over last night to help me design a built-in shelving unit and window seat for the nursery. I love what we came up with. I think it is going to look awesome. Thanks Aunt Shannon!



7 comments:

Abby Winchester said...

You are absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see my nieces kick. I'm excited to hear what you & Shannon came up with. Love you!

Unknown said...

You are so adorable! Glad to see things are moving along smoothly.

Kiki said...

Love the pictures, so beautiful! Sometimes the less pillows you have the better...you will sleep again - I promise! Take care!

Kyle & Jill said...

You look so good!!

Janelle said...

You look great! Such a beautiful pregnant mama! Hang in there with the sleeping issue...you're right, it is so worth it, but that doesn't take the discomfort away right now. Can't wait to meet these little girls!

Susie said...

Girl you look Fabulous!!!! So glad you are back in Indiana!!! Call me - love to do lunch....... Hugs,

Susie.

Brett Suzanne said...

How adorable - I like the pic where Georgie is peeking in from the corner on the Hershey blanket...he'll be such a great big bro :-) I hope you're loving the new house in Indiana!! Keep up the blog updates, Love ya