Lovely Background

Monday, April 5, 2010

10 Months Old

The girls are 10 months old and are really changing. It is a blessing to be their Mom. I find so much joy in taking their pictures as you can see below. I can't get enough of their sweet little faces!

Claire has her first tooth. I was so excited. She has been a tough little girl. She was not fussy at all and really had no side effects from it. I hope it will be this easy with all the future teeth. Sophia doesn't have one yet but I am sure it won't be far off.

The girls are giving high fives now which their Daddy loves. Hopefully we'll be giving them a lot of high fives during the Butler/Duke championship game tonight although they will probably be sleeping.

Claire has turned into my little swimmer. She loves to flop down on her belly in the bathtub and swim. It is so funny to watch. She is not scared at all. At her Nanna and Pappaw's house she decided to swim to the front of the tub and hold her head under the water faucet and found it fun to have the water splashing over her head. She is so fearless.

Sophia continues to love to dance and bob her head. I play music for them all the time (they especially love Miley Cyrus) and she moves her whole body in rhythm. She definitely did not get that from her father and I. She bobs her head back and forth like a bobble head which is so funny to watch.

We visisted cousin Will this past week and we had a beautiful 70 degree day. We sat in the backyard and the girls got to play with Will's water table. They loved it! They stood at that table forever playing with the toys and splashing water everywhere. I definitely think they are water babies so we'll be spending a lot of time in the pool this summer.

The girls always see me with my hair the same way every day. One day I changed it and pulled my hair straight back into a really high ponytail. I couldn't believe it but Claire would not come to me and was scared of me. She could not figure out who I was. As soon as I took it down and pulled it back like I normally have it she got a smile on her face and everything went back to normal. I guess I look totally different with my hair pulled straight back. Kids notice everything!!

We had a really bad 10 days this month that led to an ear infection, vomiting, runny noses and lots of coughing. Unfortunately Matt and I caught the bug as well. Needless to say, those 10 days were filled with absolutely no sleep. I have never seen my babies so miserable. They could not even keep their eyes open they were watering so badly. Not to mention it is the worst feeling to watch your child throw up. I cried quite a few times with the girls but we made it through.

We have been to the park quite a few times recently and we love to hang out in the backyard to play. I am loving the wonderful weather we have had and the girls enjoy getting out. This is going to be such a fun spring and summer!

Sophia and Claire celebrated their first Easter. We went to church with Nanna, Pappaw, Aunt Abby, Uncle Jason and their cousins Riley, Stella and Drake. The girls got all dressed up and looked beautiful. They got Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny which had bunny ears, pool toys and baby rafts for the pool this summer. They loved the eggs in their basket! They also got some great gifts from Nanna, Pappaw, Aunt Shannon and Uncle Chris. They got pj's, tank tops, baby treats, boo-boo ice packs, formula and little hooks for their towels/jackets. They really enjoyed everything!

We look forward to the next couple months as they approach the big 1!!!





























































































































































































































































0 comments: