Lovely Background

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

~ The Sorrells Twins are Two Months Old ~

















































































































Sophia and Claire are two months old today. The time has flown by. I am thankful we have made it and are still smiling!!!

The girls are doing very well. We went to the doctor today and the updated stats are below

Sophia - 6 lbs 14 oz and 22 inches long - 36 3/4 cm head circumference
1st percentile for weight, 37% for height and 8% for head
Claire - 7lbs 13 oz and 22 1/4 inches long - 36 3/4 cm head circumference
1st percentile for weight, 47% for height and 8% for head

The reason I state the head circumference is because it is unbelievable that a child with the Anderson genes has a small head. I can't believe it. I thought for sure my kids would have big heads. HA!!!

As you can see above our girls are very tiny. I like to say they are sweet, delicate and oh so dainty!!! I have a feeling they will be tall and skinny...lucky girls!!!

The girls had their first round of shots today. Thank goodness that Daddy went with us. I could not bear to watch them suffer. They did wonderful!!! Both girls have a slight fever this evening and have been exceptionally tired but that is to be expected.

Sophia got her cast taken off on Monday. She now has a brace and special shoes to wear. The next three weeks Sophia has to wear the brace three hours on and three hours off during the day and wear it all night long. The only way I can describe the brace is that it looks like two ice skates connected by a metal bar. It is very heavy and it has been extremely difficult for Sophia to get used to. She cried a lot yesterday and I cried along with her. It is hard to watch your little girl hurting. When she isn't wearing the brace she has to wear special shoes. They look like the shoes our parents wore as kids. HA!! I know the whole process will be worth it and that she'll become accustomed to the brace in the next few days.

Nanna Penny came to stay with us again. Matt had to travel to New York for a week. My Mom came and immediately had our bathrooms clean, floors swept and laundry done. She is an angel! She has no idea how helpful she is.

The girls attended their first Sorrells Fish Fry. Next year they will get to enjoy Grandpa Benny's fish and will be able to play with their cousins. Aunt Shannon and Uncle Chris through a great party. Everyone spoiled the girls all day!!

Over the past few weeks, the girls have met many new people. Unfortunately I failed to get pictures of all the visitors with the girls (my brain is not always working) but I got a few.

- Matt's cousin's Russ and Tim (along with his wife and kids) met the girls for the first time. Russ has twin girls of his own so I am sure holding the girls brought back many memories. He was able to give us a lot of good advice.

- The girls and I were able to travel to Lafayette and visit with one of my best friends Erin and her kids Olivia and Paxton. I am sure our girls will be very close with them. Erin made me feel better about many things I was stressing about. That is what friends are for!!!

- Our friends Jennie and Dustin brought their son Henry (10 months) to meet the girls. He didn't even mind seeing his Mom with another baby. I guess that means he is ready for a sibling. It was nice to talk with Jennie about Mommy things. She always has great advice!

- My friend Alyson came to see the girls last week. She is such a natural Mom...its been a couple of years since her son was a baby...you would never know...she was changing diapers and calming the girls the entire visit. So helpful!! Alyson bought the girls Alpha Sigma Alpha legacy t-shirts. They are soooo cute!!

- My friend Tomi who lives in Houston was in town with her son Noah. They were able to visit for a few hours. It was so nice to talk...we haven't seen eachother in a year...way too long. Her son has changed so much. He loved the girls...he wanted to hold them so badly but still did not understand how gentle he had to be with the babies. We loved having them here.

We love all of our visitors and look forward to many more!!!
We will continue to keep you updated on our beautiful girls progress. They are so much fun and make us so happy. We are so blessed. I can't imagine our life without Sophia and Claire.

0 comments: