Lovely Background

Saturday, August 1, 2009

First Family Outing

Matt and I took the girls out today for our first official family outing. I was so ready to get out of the house and feel somewhat normal. We went to "The Taste of Fishers".

We got the Cadillac of strollers out and pushed the girls around as we sampled food. It was interesting when we got to feeding time. Just giving them bottles was difficult. I couldn't imagine trying to breastfeed both. We got through the feeding, had both girls happy and went back to tasting.

I thought we had such a successful outing....I failed to realize how quickly it could change in the short walk from the event to the car. Both girls decided to have blowouts in their diapers....yes that is right...the kind of blowouts that go up the back and up the front. It seems impossible for two little girls to create such a mess but they accomplished it. Thank goodness I brought two changes of clothes. After an entire container of wipes was used, we had both girls cleaned up. Then we realized Sophia had leaked out of her outfit into the car seat (I wish I had the piddle pad in the seat).

Even with the last bit of craziness, it felt great to get out. I needed that so badly. It made me feel normal again. I am extremely worn out though. Two little girls will do that to you.

0 comments: