Lovely Background

Monday, June 29, 2009

1 Month Old






























Sophia and Claire are now 1 month old. Time is going by so quickly already. I really noticed today how much they have changed. They are starting to fill out. It makes me so sad. I am not ready for them to get bigger.

We have had a great month. The girls and I are adjusting really well. They have began to sleep really well at night and are getting used to our daily routine as well. I am still amazed how quickly the days go by. I am going constantly...one child is keeping me on my toes at all times. I am lucky if I can find 30 minutes to throw in laundry, take a shower, clean, etc.

I love being a stay-at-home Mom. It is the toughest job I have ever had but the most rewarding and fulfilling. I can't imagine it any other way.

The girls have finally gained weight!!! At the last weigh in Sophia gained 7oz and Claire gained 12 oz in 10 days. We are thankful things have changed in a positive direction. Sophia is now 6lbs 7oz (with cast) and Claire is 6lbs 5oz. Claire has definitely caught up with her sister.

Sophia and Claire are very alert; they are checking out everything around them. Sophia seems to be our thinker. She seems to analyze everything. I love to see the little smiles that spread across their faces throughout the day. It melts my heart. I have to brag a little bit...our girls are well advanced. About a week ago I put the girls down for their nap. When I returned later, our little Claire had rolled over and was sleeping on her stomach. I thought it was a fluke but she since has done it a few more times. Sophia has followed her sister and has accomplished the same task, even with a heavy cast on.

We have started tummy time...needless to say it is 10-15 minutes filled with constant crying. I will just keep trying...hopefully they will become accustomed to it. The good part is that they do pull their head and legs up so I am accomplishing what we set out for.

As crazy as it sounds, the girls have their own distinct smells. Sophia smells like baby powder and Claire smells like flowers. I will be so sad when that goes away.
Many people have asked how many diapers we go through each day. We average about 20-25 diapers per day. We have had moments where we have to change one babies diaper multiple times within a 5 minute period. We just laugh it off and are just thankful the mass number of diapers is a sign of good health.

Many of you probably wonder why you haven't seen pictures of Georgie with the girls....that is because he is completely not interested in them. He checks on them once in a while but for the most part stays away from them. The girls and I were gone a few days this past week and Georgie was not happy to see us return. I think he liked having his Dad, the attention and the house to himself.

Sophia and Claire got to meet their Great Grandma Stella last week. We spent two nights at her house. Grandma couldn't get enough of the girls. She has been making quilts for the girls which I got to take a peek at...so cute!! I am so thankful our girls will have something so special from such an amazing person.

I got to indulge in my first glass of wine in almost a year. Matt and I have been saving a bottle of wine that we purchased at a vineyard (Baileyana) in California over 3 years ago. That trip is when we decided we wanted to start our family. We never imagined it wouldn't come to fruition until 2009. It was well worth the wait though. Matt and I enjoyed our glass of celebratory wine!!!

1 comments:

The Bush Family said...

They are so adorable! I'm glad that things are going well and it was really nice to talk with you for a few minutes today. Love you!!